Your privacy is important to Basin Insurance Associates, Inc. (hereinafter “BIA”). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that BIA collects, and the ways in which BIA uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
Personally identifiable information is information that allows you to be identified or contacted individually. We do not require you to submit personally identifiable information to use our website. This website does not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it. Personally identifiable information may be collected when you complete any online form, application, survey or request for information, or when you post comments, blog or otherwise submit information. Therefore, if you do not wish for us to obtain your personally identifiable information, please do not submit it to us.
- If we collect any personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number or email address, it is only with your knowledge or consent. Examples of where you might submit personal information include: Email or newsletter sign up: You may subscribe to emails or other communications from us.
- Blogging: You may post comments on our blog page or submit content to be used on our blog.
- Testimonials: You may post a testimonial.
- Other features: We may provide other features that allow you to submit or post information.
If you do provide us with personal information, we may collect the following types of personal information:
- Name, contact information (address, phone number, email address, etc.), and date of birth
- Shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list)
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data
- Other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to BIA, we may conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law)
As provided by the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent. Any parent who believes that their child has disclosed personally identifiable information to us should contact us to request an investigation and deletion of their child’s personally identifiable information and prohibit its use.
Like most Internet sites, we collect certain information that your browser provides automatically, such as your browser version, referring page and your IP (or Internet Protocol) address. This information is not regarded as personally identifiable information. This information does not tell anyone who you are or contain any other personally identifiable information.
We may use "cookies" in connection with our website. If we do, you should know that a cookie will not reveal personally identifiable information. Most browsers have features enabling users to control whether to accept or decline a cookie.
In addition, our website utilizes Google Analytics to provide us with non-personal information about what portions of our website our users find useful and helpful. Non-personal information we collect is used to help us improve our site and your browsing experience by, for example, providing us with feedback on what portions of our site or our content are used, and what portions are not used. We may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties.
Personal information you provide us may be used by us as follows:
- We may use information you provide to us to provide the services and customer support you request, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and generally assist us in operating our business to continue to provide premium products and services to consumers.
- If you submit an inquiry or comments, the personally identifiable information you provide us may be used to provide you with a response or to otherwise contact you.
- In response to legal requirements such as properly served law enforcement demands, court orders, subpoenas and the like.
- If the information is submitted in connection with a contest, the information will be used by us to contact you if you are a winner.
- For online and offline marketing, if your permission includes this option. This means, that you will be given an option when submitting personal information to elect to receive marketing or advertising material by email or regular mail.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
In addition to the uses outlined above, we may internally use your personally identifiable information in order to establish and verify your identity if you submit information to us, provide services and support to visitors to our website, improve our website and tailor it to your preferences, provide you with updates, promotions and other information about us, and maintain the security and integrity of our systems.
Your information is stored on servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use standard industry procedures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
We will not license, sell, rent or share your personally identifiable information with any third party except as set forth in this policy or with your consent.
We do employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating fraud, collection of billings, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Other than as described in this policy, we will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any third parties without your permission unless required by law to do so, and we will provide you with the intended use of the information before you give us permission to share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
Basin Insurance Associates, Inc.
1025 S Pioneer Way
Moses Lake, WA 98837